Thursday, August 21, 2014

Some are More Equal Than Others

History and experience has taught me a very consistent message, it has made me to grow and not worry myself much about the different salary scales in the work place, level of powers in the work place and who got a massive bonus and so on and so forth and staff like that. I have also given up in competing with Quinton the white guy who hails from a very affluent family, who has only his qualification and no experience. I gave up because I can never amount to Quinton no matter how hard I try, at least not while the company still maintain I have to attend a lot of “training” get more exposure in the field for they see me as this incompetent person even though I have a qualification, vast amount of experience in the field.

I tell you what, I wish Quinton and his father Mr De Kock, all the best of luck (although they don’t need it), In fact I want them to get more money and continue to maintain their lavish lifestyle, nepotism et al. I want them to buy more cars, furniture etc, insure them in case a black graduate who still needs training may come and steal them, or any black for that matter. In South Africa, crime has a colour, theft, robbery, corruption rape, GBH, heist etc is labelled as a black crime. White crime has a fancy name called, white collar crime, the crime that you hardy see on the news if at all and there is no prize for guessing why.

South African insurance industry label the De Kock family as the low risk and I’m the high risk, why am I a high risk, the answer is simple I’m from kasi, and whites believe that in kasi, crime is the order of the day, I say bayadakwa, most crime happened in towns, suburbs, cbd’s (where large corporates are situated). If it happens that De Kock family lose their property the insurance will replace them in no time and even offer them counselling as an added benefit (I’m sure it’s the first time you hear about this benefit, yes, it’s for whites only) . If I happen to lose my property, I will be sent from pillar to post and later only to be told that of a certain clause in my contract, wala abanganiki niks, kodwa kusharp vele ngiwu darkie, what did I expect, ngizoziphindiselela angeke imali yami yama premiums idliwe mahala.

The insurance company by applying this unfair procedure on me, they have raise the stealing instinct in me. I will enter them, ngizobangena. Quinton pays low premium, low access, he is a low risk, he earns more than me but I’m a high risk, I earn less than him, I pay high premiums than him isono sami nje ukuba mnyama nokuhlala ekasi, I’m reminded of the Apartheid Afrikaans term which said swart gevaar, babengadlali namanje sisabonwa siyingozi.

Cars – recycling

I am happy to see Quiton in a new car, this not only shows progression on his side but it also shows that the company his also taking good care of him. Or maybe the father is also helping or whatever the reason maybe be, I am happy that Quinton is driving a new car. I am happy that Quiton is also insured so that should an unfortunate happen to his new car the insure will quickly sort it out.

You see I also like Quinton’s car but the problem is that I cant actually afford a car, yes we work for the same company same qualification as well but different salary scale (remember I have given up on the salary story). I understand that Quiton might have less responsibilities compared to me, he doesn’t take care of his family at a every youg age (story for another day).

I have grown to associate myself with a lot of people; be it “good” people or bad “people” it doesn’t matter they all play a significant role in my life. Whiles knowing Quiton I also know Sipho aka “Msayi”, well Sipho is one of the “bad’ people that I have come across. If you need a car, furniture or etc Sipho is the relevant person to speak to, he will sort you out.

As I said I like Quinton’s car I also want to see myself in one, so a friend of a friend of mine introduced me to Sipho and he can get me this car at a half price. I must just say the word and organize the funds. Sipho also has a friends who knows a friends at the traffic department so by the time the reaches me it will be legit (very nice).

This is how my heartache of not getting a raise r not getting a bonus is mended. Yes when Sipho goes to Quinton and ask for the car I am sure it wont be in a friendly manner, Quinton will have to go and see a physchologist or something or take some time off go on a holiday or something. He also be comforted by the fact that the car will be replaced. View this as some form of messed up barter trading.

Holidays “taking a break:” our form of a break is alcohol and drugs for some
You see the De Kock family is very organized, they even go on holidays every year be it in South Africa or abroad. Mr De kock even goes hunting from time to time and he comes back and sells us biltong at the office, this is brilliant.

We all deserve this small breaks, as I have said I am struggling to afford a car my form of a holiday if to go home in December and buy groceries for my family. There is plenty of food especially leading to the 25th of December, apparently this is when some famous guy died or something.

I know a lot of young boys who use abuse drug and alcohol, at a glance I used to judge them for this myself and used to think that they could do something better with their lives. I am not saying that all of them issues at home. Let me dwell a bit on the issues part, some of these boys and girls have no parents at all and that’s the majority of them either they died of dieses like AIDS, or they are locked up in prison or they were raised by their grand parent and they also passed away. Not knowing what you will eat can mess up any one “indlala ayina ntanga”.

I see the use of drugs or the abuse alcohol as an escape from the hush reality – I call this the break that the De Kock family take every year. Being alive is so unbearable for some people so much so they have learnt to live their lives half drunk or drunk all the time. If I am drunk in the morning I don’t care what I I will eat on afternoon or evening and my mental state doesn’t allow me to feel the pain of knowing that I don’t have anything in life. When Quiton goes to see a psychologist for the robbery I go to a Sheeben and buy a beer or two. Quinton will eventually heal and all will be back to normal.
I wish the De Kock family well on their trips, and they must rest and come back rejuvenated. And I also hope they find all the belongs in one piece.

There is too much inequality in South Africa ! please don’t get me wrong I am not justifying crime by any means but do what you have to do. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

12 August 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment